Re: Bugzappers: requests from maintainers for special treatment

Adam Williamson said the following on 04/22/2009 03:00 PM Pacific Time:
Hi, guys. Just a general issue mail for Bugzappers: I've recently been
talking to Seth Vidal, who wants special treatment for bugs in
components he maintains (yum and createrepo): he's happy for them to be
triaged according to the usual process, but he doesn't want the bugs
changed from NEW to ASSIGNED.

How do you know which bugs you've triaged or not?

As a general principle, we should accept requests like this from the
owners of components, because we're here for them and not vice versa; if
our procedure doesn't work for them we should vary it so that what we do
is helping them and not frustrating them. We have a regular triager for
yum / createrepo who is aware of this (Jon Stanley), but anyone else who
happens to touch yum / createrepo bugs in future, please follow this
request.

We used to have a Special Procedures wiki page for exceptions like this;
it seems to have got pretty much lost in the recent wiki re-design. For

We originally killed it because we thought there was no way to track every unique way of triaging bugs that each developer might want. After that we moved to the newer model whereby individual triagers triage bugs for specific components only.

John