Re: F11: Why can't CUPS add a SAMBA printer any more?

Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
At my office, the officially-supported method of letting self-managed
machines print to the department printers is to use Samba to connect.
As of Fedora 11, I can't find any method (either using
sys-config-printer or the interface at localhost:631) to add a Samba
networked printer, and I can't see any documentation anywhere that
would imply that something has been removed. What's up?

Thanks for any help,

MEF

First make sure that the samba Port are open
In Gnome System --> Administration --> Printing
<Click> New -->  Select Windows Printer via Samba

JBG
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg hi is
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801