Re: X still freezing once in a while

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 17:32 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2009-04-30, 13:47 GMT, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/ServerDebugging
> >
> > Has instructions for how to attach with gdb.  Yes, this requires two
> > machines.
>
> That's not much helpful, right?

The (omitted) backtrace shows a server waiting for more requests,
correct.  Meaning it's not really hung, and also not like the OP's bug
report.  Per's report said that the mouse would not change icon when
moving among windows, indicating that the main loop wasn't being
processed.

Yours, if I had to guess from the thread on fedora-devel, was metacity
getting stuck, so gdbing metacity would probably be more enlightening.

- ajax