Re: F11 Preview problems

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 11:06 -0700, Jim Bevier wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I tried the i386 live CD and i386 install DVD.  I had a Nvidia Riva TNT card
> in one system (I was running RedHat 7.1, don't ask), and it could not start
> X during startup.  I tried vga=791 and xdriver=vesa, but X would not work.
> I removed the card and used the built-in video chip, and it started up
> without a problem.  Anyone know of a work around for this nvidia driver
> problem?

xdriver= only takes effect for install CDs, not live CDs, since atm only
anaconda looks for that option on kcmdline.

I believe we'll try to load nouveau on all nv chips now, but it doesn't
support nv3 chips because wow that's ancient, so this is probably a case
where we should use nv instead.

- ajax