can't apply today's Rawhide updates

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 5 22:01:31 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009 05:51 PM, Adam Miller wrote:
> I didn't run into that issue, updates applied just fine but after
> reboot I get no X :( .... it just boots through plymouth and then the
> screen goes blank.
>
> Anyone else getting anything similar from todays rawhide updates?

I boot into runlevel 3 by default, but after "telinit 5" it never
switches to X, the screen flashes on and off for a while, the last line
displayed is "Starting VirtualBox Additions" (which I did install for
the newest kernel in runlevel 3), then it just hangs there.  I can
switch to a different VT but it shows nothing using significant CPU.
The last time I tried X it worked normally (using the vesa driver).