Gnome Notification Area Corruption in Rawhide

spoffley spoffley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:51:15 UTC 2009

For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the Gnome Notification Area
Applet is showing just grey boxes most of the time.  Occasionally I will get
the Icons but usually its grey boxes.  If I move my cursor over the boxes I
sometimes get the data about the Icons I cannot see.  I have tries removing
it from the panel and re adding it to no avail.  I am running x86-64 with an
Intel display driver on an Asus Aspire 5315, the display hardware is the
onboard Intel GM965/GL960 controller.  Anybody else having./had similar
problems ?