Alpha/Beta/GA blocker criteria?

Are there any differences about what constitutes a blocker for the different cycles (e.g., alpha vs. beta)? One general basis would be different objectives for how much needs to work for the different pre-releases. I looked around, but I didn't find anything documented.

Part of what started me looking is that anaconda appears to be unable to reuse existing ext filesystems when choosing custom layout on my test machines. (I like to reuse /boot for multi-booting.) How big a deal should that be for alpha, given that most early testing would involve blowing a drive away and starting from scratch?

BZ 513104 for those interested.