New Tester Introduction from He Rui

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 16:14:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 14:12 +0800, rhe wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Glad to meet you here! This is He Rui , a fresher in Fedora QA team.
> Having got fun from Linux for several years, now i get this chance to
> pay it back.
>
> My English name is Hurry, and I'm Beijingnese. My first contact with
> Fedora was in the university, when i felt very cool and proud to use it.
> After graduation, i worked as a software engineer for Linux embedded
> system and got a deep view of Linux. Then i encouraged myself to try
> this opportunity, and... I am lucky! I believe my passion on fedora and
> life would lead me a bright future.
>
> In addition, I'm also interested in practicing English. So please feel
> free to contact me at Contacts below.
>
> Have a nice day~@

Hello He Rui, welcome to the group!  The QA group does not yet have
group membership benefits yet like those offered in the BugZappers team.
So there aren't any memberships required for you to get involved.

No doubt you've probably already seen the redesigned QA start page
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA).  I also encourage you to get
involved on #fedora-qa IRC and on this mailing list.  Discuss issues you
are seeing, pitch in and help identify issues for other testers.  While
the timezones don't work well for it, there are QA meetings held weekly
to discuss recent events and identify owners for problem areas
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings).

Also, Fedora 12 test days will be starting shortly.  These are good
opportunities to help test upcoming features of Fedora 12.  You can find
the list of upcoming test day topics at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_12_test_days.

Thanks and welcome!
James