Rawhide breaks Nvidia again

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:38:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX
N2469R<caf at omen.com> wrote:
> On 08/11/2009 04:47 AM, fedora-test-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
>>
>> Message: 9 Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:05:06 -0700 From: Adam Williamson
>> <awilliam at redhat.com> Subject: Re: Rawhide breaks Nvidia again To: For
>> testers of Fedora Core development releases <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>

>> Could you_please_  stop asking about this? We've explained, multiple
>> times, that we are not particularly interested in the proprietary driver
>> and it's not on-topic for this list. Why do you keep asking about it?
>>
>> -- Adam Williamson Fedora QA Community Monkey IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk:
>> adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> Has the  "see Figure.1" ethos jumped from VMS to Linux?
> Why maintain Flightgear and other 3d programs if there
> is no way to run them properly?  Do the Fedora developers
> work in such a noisy environment that they don't notice the
> roar of the unregulated GPU fan?

It does not matter how often you compain here we _cannot_ fix it but nvidia can.

Here is a statement from them about supporting the current xserver:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg/40136

For future questions about this topic talk to the people how _can_ fix
it (ie. nvidia), you can reach them via there forums:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14