[Fwd: rawhide install report: Anaconda fails with an assertion error]

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw_ at wolves.homeip.net
Fri Aug 14 20:00:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:55:27 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

> On 08/12/2009 09:24 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:
>>> Installation goes fine until the actual installation of packages when
>>> a python assertion error occurs "gc->gc_rc != -3" occurs [from memory,
>>> there is no chance to record the error in bugzilla.]
>>
>> This is probably going to be a nightmare to track down.  Is there any
>> additional information presented?
>
> Absolutely none!  This is the frustrating part.

I misstated...

python: Modules/gcmodule.c:242: update_refs: Assertion\
`gc->gc.gc_refs == (-3)' failed

Then there is an install failed [1/1] and a you may reboot.

Funny thing is the vt02 shell is still available but I have no idea what
to do to attempt a recovery or what to look at for useful information.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury