Can RC2 be used for RC1 testing?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 21 04:17:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 21:28 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
> The RC1 Install Test Results page
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_12_Alpha_RC1_Install_Test_Results
>
> has a broken link to the now deleted RC1 images.  Although RC1 testing
> is encouraged, the only way to actually get it now is using the
> deltaisos from TC (which one must already have, since that was also
> deleted earlier).  Is it okay to use RC2 for RC1 testing?  And is it
> really necessary to delete the older images immediately when the newer
> ones arrive?  HDD space is cheap nowadays.

Yes and yes - if something were, theoretically, broken in RC1 but fixed
in RC2, that would be fine, because that's what we're planning to ship.
So there's no reason to test RC1 any more if you have RC2, and results
filed in the RC1 matrix from RC2 are fine. Do check the RC2 matrix to
see if the same test is present on that reduced matrix, though. Thanks
for testing!

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey