F11 install - can I change nic mac address DURING install?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:08:37 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:

> I could not get to a shell prompt after booting to the boot.iso - the
> install configuration started with the graphical installer but it appears
> I could not get a shell prompt unfortunately.....

I gave up with this method - in the end I put boot.iso onto a bootable
(small!) usbkey, and put the DVD iso onto a non-bootable external usb drive
- and booted into the usbkey - selected HD install and referred anaconda to
the external non-bootable drive - (I also had to wait until the usbkey was
booted before plugging in the external usb drive otherwise it tried to boot
from the external drive (and failed).

Anyway I have this install in progress at the moment - but it does leave the
original question unanswered!