Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 27 10:35:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:51:04PM -0500, Adam Miller wrote:
> If we were to drop sendmail in favor of postfix would everyone be happy or
> would postfix present the same set of issues?
>
> -Adam
> (From Android)

Where's Android?  (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

*I* would be.  Last night, due to this thread, I did some googling and
it seems that someone began to work on a version of ssmtp, bssmtp, that
would do local delivery, but either lost interest or ran out of time.
I didn't look all that hard, but it seems as if there's really no small
smtp client/server that handles local delivery, save for the real MTAs,
e.g., sendmail, postfix and exim. (And qmail, and no doubt others I'm
forgetting.)

At present though, isn't Fedora using Exim?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Looks like a job for wiccan-girl. What do you say,
Will? Big time danger.
Willow: Hey, I eat danger for breakfast.
Xander: But, oddly enough, she panics in the face of breakfast
foods.