PackageKit Hour or Day

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 12:17:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 12:54 +0100, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> Where would I find the config to direcly affect either checking hourly
> or daily.  As I would like to experiment with say every 6-8 hours.

Try using `gpk-prefs`, or assuming it uses the gconf key I have in my
current $HOME ... you set/get the value directly from gconf.

$ gconftool-2 --get /apps/gnome-packagekit/frequency_get_updates
hourly

$ gconftool-2 --set /apps/gnome-packagekit/frequency_get_updates --type
string daily

Thanks,
James