packagekit command not found error

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:17:54 UTC 2009

I just entered a typo at the command line in f12 alpha and
got a packagekit error:

Error Type: <class 'packagekit.backend.PkError'>
Error Value: 'failed-initialization: There are unfinished
transactions remaining. Please run yum-complete-transaction as
root.'
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3006,
in <module>
    main()
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3003, in main
    backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:])
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line
647, in dispatcher
    self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line
602, in dispatch_command
    self.search_file(options, searchterms)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 634, in
search_file
    self._check_init(lazy_cache=True)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 2519,
in _check_init
    raise PkError(ERROR_FAILED_INITIALIZATION, 'There are
unfinished transactions remaining. Please run yum-complete-transaction
as root.')

So I ran yum-complete-transaction as root:
There are 1 outstanding transactions to complete. Finishing the most recent one
The remaining transaction had 1 elements left to run
Package systemtap-testsuite-0.9.9-3.fc12.i686 already installed and
latest version
Nothing in the unfinished transaction to cleanup.
Cleaning up completed transaction file

It obviously wasn't a big deal, but doesn't seem  like the
optimal design for this neat new feature.

Cheers...

                David