Broke my system trying to upgrade to rawhide using yum

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 31 02:06:58 UTC 2009

I know this is long after your original post -- but it is problems like
what you and others experience that persuades me to always install any
alpha or beta code to a totally different hard drive than the one my
"working" Fedora system is on. I just tried installing Fedora 12 Alpha
and I did get a nice runlevel 3 system...which of course is broken with
respect to X. Luckily I had taken the trouble to pop a spare hard drive
in my laptop, and put my Fedora 11 hard drive on a shelf for several
hours. I didn't lose anything and got some experience with the alpha code.

Bob