Sectool Test Day Coming Up ...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 23:49:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 08:34 -0400, Eduard Benes wrote:
> Hello, friends!
>
> I would like to announce another Test Day. This Tuesday we want to look
> at Sectool (using Fit&Finish test day slot).
>
> Sectool is a security tool that can be used both as a security audit
> as well as a part of an intrusion detection system. So it looks like
> this is important tool and that is why we want you to come and help
> testing.
>
> There is a Sectool TestDay wiki page [1] with all important info.
>
> Maros Barabas and Jakub Hrozek have kindly agreed to be around,
> so we'll have sufficient expertise from developers.
>
> Drop in #fedora-test-day on Freenode on this Tuesday, Sep 1,
> to join in the fun.
>
> We are looking forward to see you this Tuesday!
>
> /Eduard
>

> [1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-09-01_Sectool

Thanks for the announce!

Some things I noticed while we were going over the test days in the
meeting today:

Prerequisite for Test Day
* Any system with sectool version >= XYZ. (the more different testing environment we get, the better)

We need to define XYZ - what is it?

If this version is not in the repositories for F10 and F11, we should
provide instructions to install it from updates-testing or a separate
repository or whatever.

There should also be a live CD link for testing. If a regular Rawhide
spin would have all the necessary packages installed, you can just test
the latest nightly spin at
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/ and link
to it if it works.

There should be a little brief description of what sectool is in the
'what to test' section - something like "Today's installment of Fedora
Test Day / Fit & Finish will focus on Sectool, which is a tool to do
blah blah monkeys".

The 'How to test?' section is still showing some boilerplate from the
test day template:

"High level details on how a contributor can get involved. This can
include (but not limited to):

      * Areas to target with exploratory testing: GUI, DBus, Sectool
        Tests under different test env.
      * A list of pre-defined test cases to execute: see section 'Test
        Cases'. Additonally you can follow links in the 'Tests Results'
        table header.
      * How to report back results: bugzilla, table in section 'Test
        Results'"

This should be cut out and proper instructions included. I see a bunch
of test situations in the results table, but no info in the 'how to
test' section which explains exactly what to do and how to map your
results to the table.

Thanks! Let me know if you need any help with this.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey