Installing Rawhide

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 18:52:20 UTC 2009

> Currently the Installer team knows to ask me (email, irc, bat signal) to
> produce images when they are ready for test.  Many of that team know how
> to produce images on their own for local testing, and thus far I have
> only been contacted once, and that was for semi-private testing, not
> wide scale testing.
>
> Going forward, I would propose that we use the existing Test Day
> framework to schedule and deliver images.  Of course, test day is mostly
> geared around live images, but our deliverable would be even smaller,
> boot.iso.  Hypothetically we can store this test day image in a path
> that can remain live for a period of time, and be a reference for the
> latest install images produced.

One of the rather important bits of test days is follow-up - we have
people show up, test, file a bunch of bugs. Great. Now what happens?
Hopefully, the bugs get worked on, and a proposed fix is landed in the
affected component (anaconda). Then what? How does the reporter test
that the fix works? We have another test day?

The main test day track tends to get overloaded anyway; do we have a
regular anaconda test day track for each release? Anaconda test days
every two weeks?

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey