Installing Rawhide

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu Dec 3 16:45:58 UTC 2009

On 12/01/2009 09:33 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 20:24 -0600, Todd wrote:

>>> That's right.  A small wrinkle is that you might even be able to use the
>>> F12 installer images, but point to rawhide as your install source and
>>> then you would install all the rawhide packages directly skipping the
>>> update step.
>>
>> How will Anaconda get tested if the version in Rawhide is never used?
>>

> I think what Jesse (and whomever else) is saying, is when anaconda is
> ready for testing, something will be done so that it can.  Otherwise, it
> will be getting worked on and they (the anaconda developers) will know
> what the status is already on their own.  I'm sure they know what it's
> status is most of the time and when they need to find out something or
> need more eyes, then we will get to try it and keep them informed.

Reading the anaconda list, I see a very large number of changes coming
down the road, all significant and probably as complex as the storage
rewrite.  I bet the anaconda developers would appreciate the widest
possible testing as soon as changes hit rawhide.

If rawhide is to be frozen, can a mechanism to test anaconda, at a
minimum, be provided?  Testing the rest of rawhide is easy and has been
well documented.

Thanks, from a cheerful anaconda tester who may now be tearful.