An old problem solved

A few weeks ago I reported a problem getting the correct display resolution when I went to F12. Just to let everyone know that it turns
out to be a non-problem.  I booted single user and saw it was reporting
a checksum error on the EDID.  Unplugging the monitor power cord for a
short while made that go away, and now the system comes up with the
correct resolution without having to resort to an xorg.conf file.

We live and (sometimes) learn.

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net