on machine with CPU -> 100%, lots of avc's

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 00:23:03 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 2/4/09, Christopher Beland <beland at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> From: Christopher Beland <beland at alum.mit.edu>
> Subject: Re: on machine with CPU -> 100%, lots of avc's
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 3:16 PM
> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 10:46 -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > I wonder what is wrong auditd is not running :(, it is
> enabled via
> > services, but it is not working:
>
> If you do "ls -l /var/log/audit/", do you get
> permissions similar to
> these?
>
> -rw------- 1 root root 1130062 2009-02-04 18:14 audit.log
> -rw------- 1 root root 5243278 2008-12-04 13:35 audit.log.1
> -rw------- 1 root root 5243057 2008-11-10 04:02 audit.log.2
> -rw------- 1 root root 5243105 2008-08-13 04:57 audit.log.3
>
> I recently ran into a bug with auditd log rotation, which
> has since been
> fixed to prevent permissions problems but not recover from
> them.
>
> -B.

They are similar, difference is yours are all rw, mine I have only 1 rw :?

[root at localhost ~]# ls -l /var/log/audit/
total 13476
-r-------- 1 root root 5242944 2008-03-12 08:16 audit.log
-r-------- 1 root root 5242944 2008-03-12 08:16 audit.log.1
-rw------- 1 root root 2140000 2008-03-12 08:17 audit.log.2