Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 5 22:42:22 UTC 2009

John Summerfield wrote:

> Any news on dom0 for xen?

Progressively slowly upstream

Refer

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-virt/2009-February/thread.html#00015

>  Windows Cross Compiler (mingw32-*)
> Good news. Will this permit developing Windows applications

Yes. That's exactly why it is introduced. To develop for Windows,
without using Windows as a development environment. It is being used to
develop virt-manager for Windows.

  Can one
> create .msi files? These are next to essential for ease of deployment on
> Windows.

Will have to ask in in Fedora mingw mailing lists or IRC
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/MinGW

>   Btrfs File System
>
> The Btrfs next-generation file system is an experimentally supported
> option in this release. To enable it within the installer, pass
> icantbelieveitsnotbtr at the installation boot prompt. The
> This might have seemed quite good fun at the time, but trust me it's
> going to become very tiresome very quickly for your users. Please, allow
> "btrfs," nothing longer.

It is deliberately kept that way since the on-disk format might still
change. We don't need everyone jumping on it yet. So the additional
burden is negligible. This is similar to Ext4 support in Fedora 9.
Subsequent versions will progressively make it easier as Ext4 has been.

Rahul