gallery2-2.3-3.fc10.noarch on F10 x86_64 updates-testing has error

stan eiqep_eiwo_y at cox.net
Mon Feb 9 20:04:31 UTC 2009

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 11:32:49AM -0700, stan wrote:
>> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/gallery2/lib/smarty:
>> cpio: rename
>> Warning: scriptlet or other non-fatal errors occurred during transaction.
>
> Just guessing but it smells like a directory was replaced by a
> symlink or another way around.  Easy to correct manually but you
> should not need to if a update package takes care about such things.
> Or there was something else which prevented writing.
>
>> It installed, with the above error.
>
> Better run 'rpm -V gallery2' and possibly you now have a spurious
> /usr/share/gallery2/lib/smarty<something> from this unpacking
> errror.
>
>     Michal

Here is the output of the rpm command:

$ rpm -V gallery2
.......T  c /etc/gallery2/config.php
.......T  c /etc/gallery2/login.txt

Seems to be saying a timestamp error for a configuration file.

PS I see that the maintainer has asked you about a problem so no need to respond.  I'm just replying for completeness.