Wiki suggestions

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 21:47:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 08:02 -0500, Leam Hall wrote:
> Christopher Beland wrote:
>
> > Part of the reason I don't like that section as
> > it stands is that it sounds like you need to do all of these things
> > (join the mailing list, sign up for a Fedora Infrastructure account,
> > add your name to the wiki, go to weekly meetings) which make doing QA
> > sound like a lot of work.  I think it would be great for QA if more
> > people merely reported Fedora 10 bugs, for which they don't need to do
> > anything more than get a Bugzilla account.  If they want to go further
> > and run Rawhide or updates-testing, they should sign up for the
> > mailing list and get a Fedora account, but the setup instructions for
> > testers include those steps.
>

> Chris, good point! The pages you changed look good at first glance and
> I'll dig more later. However, I think you've opened an idea with this
> comment. We can organize the "Join QA" pages around "levels of
> participation" and let someone choose exactly what they'd like to do. If
> it's report bugs on F10, great! Open a bugzilla account and log it.
> Thanks! If you want to do more, then we offer X, Y, and Z...

Yep, that was basically my idea. It should list all the various things
you could do, roughly in ascending order of difficulty, to make it
obvious there's a really low bar to getting involved initially. I will
work on a draft of it today.

I think Chris' draft for a front page looks really awesome. I would just
add a brief introductory paragraph which gives our overall mission
statement: something like "The Fedora QA project exists to provide
testing for the software that makes up Fedora, and try to ensure the
quality of Fedora releases and updates is as high as possible." But
other than that I really like it.
--
adamw