F11: installation guide test plan

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 18:27:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 13:22 -0500, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > He co-ordinates the writing of the Install Guide for Fedora. Building on
> > something that happened with F10, for F11 we are planning to do some
> > testing based on the Install Guide. The plan is basically to have a
> > draft of the Install Guide up around the time Beta 1 comes out. Then we
> > will communicate both here and on the forums, asking for people to help
> > test installation based on the Install Guide. The plan will be simply to
> > ask people to try and install F11B1, following the Install Guide
> > exactly. This is important to try and ensure that anyone installing F11
> > following the 'official' instructions has a smooth experience and
> > doesn't run into any bugs. The testing will also likely help to improve
> > and refine the Install Guide.
>
> This sounds great.  Let me know when and where this is going to take
> place and I'll be sure to attend.  I do a lot of work on anaconda, so
> I'll be interested to see what discrepancies you turn up and can offer
> opinions on which needs to be corrected.

The idea is to do it asynchronously, as it doesn't really need to happen
in real-time - I'm roughly planning to have a basic wiki page which
explains what to do, and post a forum thread and a thread here asking
people to run through it and post their feedback either to the forum /
list or directly to Bugzilla. Of course, if enough people are interested
in also doing it as a real-time event, we can do that too.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey