'Joining in' wiki page draft

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Wed Feb 11 20:57:13 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote a good bit that all got snipped.  :)

My writing style leans towards encouraging, and there's an occasionaly
bit of exhortation. QA is not a clique, I'd rather have it reverted than
misunderstood. What I was after was the average person's desire to join
a functioning group. Sort of "we're a team and you're welcome!".

Same for the RCHT/RHCE phrase. A certification is less relevant than
skills. From what I see you need RHCT level skills to be able to get
Rawhide running. Even the pre-releases can be bumpy but aren't quite so
demanding. If you don't set a reasonable expectation at the beginning
then do you risk a sense of dysfunction if the volunteer thought Rawhide
was easy as a production version? On the flip side, if someone doesn't
have RCHT/RHCE certs and they are able to work with Rawhide you're
giving then a serious pat on the back.

Hope that helps explain a bit of why I wrote the way I did. Have been
away all day so haven't really had time to look at where things stand.

Leam