Firefox performance

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 22:29:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 23:08 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:

> Well, I'd say 'use webkit which is faster', but seeing how webkit/gtk
> still lacks some pretty important features, I'll stay quiet for now ;-)
> Here are my results (three runs) with (I don't have firefox installed so
> I used epiphany):

With Midori here:

                              Score: 1069

                             Richards: 788
                             DeltaBlue: 908
                              Crypto: 1032
                             RayTrace: 1617
                           EarleyBoyer: 2651
                              RegExp: 470

I think the benchmarks will give discrepancies that you don't see in
real life not necessarily because they're inaccurate, per se, but
because real life browsing tasks are not as intensive on
purely-javascript-operations-and-nothing-else as a javascript benchmark
is.

I was going to see if I could run this test in hv3 just for giggles, but
I'm on x86-64 and their snapshot is i386, and if you build it yourself,
it's basically impossible to get the JavaScript support to work...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey