.fc9 packages and friends in Rawhide

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sat Feb 14 03:43:31 UTC 2009

Christopher Beland <beland at alum.mit.edu> writes:
> Currently on my Rawhide system, I see 508 .fc10 packages, 203 .fc9,
> 5 .fc8, and one .fc7 package.  I was wondering if all the older packages
> (at least .fc9 and older) should be pre-emptively rebuilt as .fc11, or
> would that cause more problems than it might solve?

Well, there's going to be a mass rebuild in a week or three anyway
for gcc and rpm changes.  We don't need another one for this.

But ... there's been at least one mass rebuild in each of the last
several Fedora cycles, IIRC, so I don't understand how we've got
anything left that's as old as .fc7.  Which are those really old
packages you see?

			regards, tom lane