no X cursor with recent kernels

Steven I Usdansky usdanskys at rocketmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:00:57 UTC 2009

What's up with the kernel? I go away for three weeks, and when I come back, update to today's Rawhide (kernel-PAE-2.6.29-0.131.rc5.git2.fc11.i686.rpm), and reboot, I find I have no cursor displayed in X. At first I thought it was GNOME, but the same problem occurs when using TWM. Reverting to an earlier version of X didn't solve the problem, but reverting to
kernel-2.6.29-0.73.rc3.git2.fc11.i686 gives me a displayed cursor again.
Hardware is a 5-year old Shuttle with "Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device"
(full smolt profile at
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_a4979b32-55a5-4382-9dc1-a3b9ea11addc)
Bugzilla time, and if so, against the kernel?