x freezes, cannot do anything in level 5

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 13:47:20 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I have a machine in which X does not work.  I try to save session, but I can't so I can attach Xorg.0.log or something that will help me show the errors.  I can at least login to F9 since I dual boot it with rawhide.  The video card is

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon7000/VE]

I can login to X with the other two machines without problems.

I have tried with nomodeset, parameter after the kernel, but X flickers and does not come in.  Advice/suggestions/comments welcome.

Regards,

Antonio