several things not working correctly in rawhide

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 06:05:14 UTC 2009

2009/1/16 Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>:
> Dear fellow testers,
>
> I am sorry to ask for this, but I can't file bug reports from the machines that run rawhide, no internet connection(central server burned down, will be with no internet for a while).  There are several basic things that are not working:
>
> 1) printing not working, either cups-pdf, or installed printers :(, have attached printing troubleshoot stuff, Tim Waugh was helping, but might be busy with something else :( or finding a fix :)

It works here, not tested he cups-pdf but I will do later this morning
in the office.
Foomatic driver includes HP P1005 driver but it doesn't work with
hpljs, but I solved with Rpmfusion help

> 2) Cannot burn CD/DVD with gui's, CD/DVD creator from GNOME, gives somekind of error, k3b says please insert blank media.  Media is new and nautilus asks if we want to burn something, I try it and it comes back with unknown error.  Burning from command line works though :), so something is wrong with GUI's.

I have burnt F10 DVD with F11's K3b with no issue, I started with an
onl DVD so I had to format it and then burn, but it worked

> 3) In KDE screen went back to 800x600 resolution, but if I choose GNOME, it displays maximum resolution 1280x1024.  Also I had setting saved to blank screen after 2 minutes and instead password required to stop screensave kicks in, I did not select it but it comes up :(/

in Gnome my screensaver works

> These are a few things that are happening, but like I am posting here, I cannot file bug reports at this time :(, I have no internet access to apply the updates either.  The school where I work, the central server went down and has not been fixed nor I know when it will be fixed.
>
> I am sending this message from home in hopes that fellow rawhider(s) have the same problmes or similar ones.  I can boot most kernels up to -28 or -29, 2.6.29-??? kernels.

See Bug 479225 Kernel doesn't start booting

> I know that these things happen and am not complaining.  Since I have no internet acess from those machines at the time, I just want to mention it and hope that they fix the problems with the server so that I can get back to testing and updating to currnet rawhide :).
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
>

> --

Regds