No kernel 2.26.29 is working

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 10:20:37 UTC 2009

Antonio M wrote:
> 2009/1/15 Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com>:
>> ata2.00: configured for UDM/33
>> ata2.01: configured for MWDMA2
>>
>> is his own sweet secret.
>>
>> I thought initially that he possibly gets "crc error", which
>> happened to me at the same time, but apparently this is not that and
>> starting with 2.6.29-0.28.rc1.fc11 on my hardware current kernels
>> boot again.
>>
> Tnx to both of you.
>
> Michael there is no my secret, as after those lines system idles and I
> have to do an hard reboot (unless someone suggests how to proceed in
> digging)
> And my system is fully updated (as rawhide, I mean).

I think what Michael is getting at is what *would* you see immediately
following these two lines on the last kernel that does work? (assuming
of course that you do have two such lines!).

That would give people some idea of what the kernel might be doing at
the point that it goes off into the weeds.

If you have a dmesg from 28 or whatever is the latest working for you,
it might be useful to put it in pastebin or something and post a link
to this thread.

Regards,
Bryn.