gnome-session not saving state

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Fri Jan 16 21:39:33 UTC 2009

Has anyone heard about any work being done to the gnome session manager
regarding restoring a saved session?  I submitted a bug (466981) back in
October regarding the problem in F9.  It's worse in F10 and the bug is
still marked "New" in bugzilla (in fact, every gnome-session bug going
back to February 2008 is still marked "New").  As I said in my update,
this bug is particularly annoying with the number of "you must log out"
updates going on.  I'm quite fed up having to respawn my gnome-terminals
and applets every time I have to log back in.

Is anyone working on these issues?  If not, should all these bugs be
transferred/resubmitted to the Gnome folk directly?  Inquiring minds
want to know!