Rawhide: USB disks if NTFS are not mounted

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Jan 30 16:24:45 UTC 2009

Antonio M wrote:
> If I connect a NTFS USB disk to my rawhide it is not mounted (saying
> that filesystem is not recognized) while same disk conencted to F10 is
> fine.
>
> What is the component to file a bug against??

First I would start checking if the necessary packages are installed.
You can do so by running rpm -qa  | grep ntfs )
(There should be some  ntfs-3g-* ntfsprogs-* packages )

Secondly you need start being less vague and a bit more specific in your
reporting to this list.

Tell ust more on how your are doing things as in which commands or which
application your using
when things are not working as they are supposed to.

What application log or a run command gave the error msg "filesystem is
not recognized" and is that the exact error msg?

JBG