rawhide and sounds???

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 20 06:50:22 UTC 2009

2009/7/20 Rob Healey <robhealey1 at gmail.com>:
> Greetings:
>
> I have a fully updates Fedora11 system.  Using yum, I have fully updated to
> rawhide/ FC12!  The biggest thing that I miss is the sounds.  Am I the only
> one???
>
> I have looked through, and been reading the rawhide list, but have not seen
> anything about lack of sound...

This issue is mostly caused by the moving of the device ACL management
from HAL to udev.

A quick workaround for this is to make yourself a member
of the "audio" group which then gives you device access. But attention
please, this will break audio if you have
multiple session of different users at the same time.

--
Regards,
Niels