networkmanager and selinux not playing nice in today's rawhide

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 14:47:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 14:24 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 07/30/2009 02:10 PM, James Laska wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 09:08 -0500, Adam Miller wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >>
> > Thanks folks.  It appears Dan Walsh agrees also.  Only his agreement
> > comes in the form of a patch :)
> >

> >> --- Comment #2 from Daniel Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>  2009-07-30
> >> 10:02:48 EDT ---
> >> Fixed in selinux-policy-3.6.25-1.fc12.noarch
> >>
> Just what I was going to reply.. Before you all decide if this is an
> alpha blocker Dan will have fixed this..

For me, this is still a worthwhile exercise.  It keeps the decision
making transparent which serves to collaboratively define the release
criteria.  Also, while the comment from Dan Walsh indicates this is
fixed in an upcoming selinux-policy package [1], things I'm cautious of
from experience (not related to selinux) ...

      * The comment may indicate intent to fix the bug in a planned
        update
      * The comment may indicate that a fix is committed to git/svn/cvs
        but not yet built in koji
      * A package containing the fix may have been built, but not tagged
        in koji so that it shows up properly [2]
      * A package could have been built and tagged ... but not included
        in physical media (typically not a worry until we near the end
        of the testing campaign)

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=124691
[2] Not an issue where we are currently in the schedule, however this
becomes more a concern during freezes.

Thanks,
James