Re: Fedora 11 updates-testing

On 06/05/2009 06:00 AM, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Is it always true that the updates are reserved for a specific time
> before I can download them?  I get the fact that there are new ones long
> before I can download them?

Updates hit the Koji build system first. http://koji.fedoraproject.org.
The maintainer of the package decides whether to push to updates-testing
and if so how long it stays there or to push to updates repository
directly.

The norm is to push to updates-testing, wait for a week and then push to
updates repo but there are reasons to bypass this process including for
example, critical security fixes.

Rahul