Making an F11 bootable install key for F11?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:27:55 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> You could make a live usb out of the boot.iso and use that to do a network
> install. That saves on your initial download and you only download the
> packages you are installing.

Indeed I could - though I also now realise that since I will also be
installing on several other machines which have only / and /opt partitions
then I would like to install F11 on these also and make the two partitions
ext4.  I do have PartedMagic on a stick to make a /boot partition but it
would be best to have the f11 install on a usbkey containing the full
install iso - and that way I would not need to download a set of rpms for
each of the installs to different machines - in addition the network install
has a rather slow download of the files from the net.  I was thinking that a
single download of the install iso (around 3.5GiB) would then allow all the
installs to multiple machines which in the end saves bandwidth overall.  In
addition when installing from usbkey the file transfer into the HD on the
machine is at usb2 speeds rather than from the net at a few hundred kiB/sec
which means the overall time to install is a lot more convienient from a
usbkey - and it saves network traffic for other people too once I have
completed the one download of the initial iso.