Re: 2009-06-24 - Fedora QA meeting Recap

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson, Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:37:54 +0000:
> First of all if an individual brings a component into Fedora and does
> not know how or what's needed to effectively debug and work on the
> component he's about to expose to the whole Fedora userbase the
> component ( unless it's being introduced and maintained by some one that
> does )  should not be allowed to be brought into Fedora.

No, we don't require our packagers to be programmers, and there many
packagers which automatically ship all bugs (which are not packaging
bugs) upstream for the resolution. Such people may have no clue what is
required for the debugging. Also, how many upstream programs include such
information in their doucmentation?

Matěj