BugZappers: wiki page idea's

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 06:30:50 UTC 2009

iarly selbir wrote:
> IRC may be added in a topic
>
> "using IRC" or "ways to track bugs" ( or like that heh ), what is
> #fedorabot channel? I think it very important...
>
> something like...
>

> Regards,
>
> - -
> iarly selbir ( ski0s )
>
> :wq!
>

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM, TK009 <john.brown009 at gmail.com
> <mailto:john.brown009 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Since we seem to be talking a lot about the wiki and how to
>     improve it. I thought I would get some input on my thoughts for
>     changes to the main page.
>     here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tk009/bugzappers
>
>     Yes it does look a lot like QA's new front page, it just worked
>     out that way and is not a copy.
>     1) Responsibilities
>     The description of what the bugzappers do is my own from other
>     info in the wiki.
>     I wrote it in response to poelcat's request for idea's on wording
>     changes to
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy.
>     For continuity I thought this might work for the main page as
>     well. The goal the on the PackageMaintainers/Policy page was to
>     explain to package maintainers what the zappers do. Does this
>     description work for new people as well? Does it explain what we
>     do without being TMI?
>
>     2) Communicate
>     Can this be said better? Should more info like a like a link for
>     "How TO IRC" be added?
>
>     3) Getting Involved
>     As already posted in an email by Christopher Beland, the idea
>     joining the BugZappers/join  and BugZappers/getting started pages
>     is a good one, and I support it.
>
>     I would like to hear your thoughts on these idea's and start
>     discussion and thoughts on the "site map" idea poelcat proposed
>     for revamping the wiki. Everyone agrees the wiki needs luvin, lets
>     work together to get that done.
>
>     Edward (TK009)
>     Fedora Partisan Ranger
>
>     --

I saw the link for "how to use IRC" on QA's page and thought it a good
idea as one of our newer members said he had to go look up use of IRC.

As to #fedorabot IRC channel, I am not sure that is helpful in the
communication information, no one talks there that I know of and would
be a less than ideal place to "communicate" with us. It should be on the
wiki just maybe not the first page.  "ways to track bugs" is something
for the getting started or deeper beyond that page is my thought.

Goals for revamping the wiki should  be something like  not overwhelm
the new user with information overload yet still ensure information that
needs to be there is there and is easy to find and structured in a way
that makes sense. Not an easy task but one we should be able to accomplish.

thanks iarlyy for the feedback, I hope others will join in with their
idea's as well.

TK009