Re: Fedora Test Day - 20 Second Startup - get your boot on!

Michel Salim wrote:
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Harald Hoyer <harald redhat com> wrote:
Harald Hoyer wrote:
Here is a blog post about the results:

http://www.harald-hoyer.de/personal/blog/20_Seconds_Boot_Feature_Test_Day

How much time could be saved by building a custom kernel with the
always-loaded modules compiled in? I'm planning on putting F11 on my
netbook (not arrived yet), and would like to do an apple-for-apple
comparison with Moblin.

Thanks,

Have a look at your bootchart.. I would say more than 90% of your modprobe time could be saved.