Re: monstrous failure of "yum update" on fedora 11 alpha

Martin Sourada wrote:
On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 04:59 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
i decided to "yum update" my f11 alpha system and, after downloading
some 1500 packages, it went to work, unpacking about 500 packages
before every single package after that generated an unpacking error.

  has anyone else had a successful "yum update"?

rday

I've had. About over 700MiB of download on 7GiB / (with about 50 % of
available space there) went almost smooth. I've had to update glib by
hand (yum didn't want to replace the i386 version with i586 one, instead
tried to have both and thus failed on depsolving). I also updated rpm
and yum first, as a precaution.

Martin
Just curious how much memory you have? I only have 1GB and I was thinking could that be the problem.
http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-announce/2009-February/000016.html