updating my kernel just trashed my machine

  after "yum update kernel", reboot:

  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while ...
  Volume group "VolGroup" not found
Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup/lv_swap)
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

  at this point, i think it's time to wipe the machine and wait for
the next attempt.  life is too short for this.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.