Re: fedora 11 alpha nfs not listening on udp port 2049?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Jerry Amundson wrote:

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday crashcourse ca> wrote:
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Jerry Amundson wrote:

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday crashcourse ca> wrote:
at which point the command hangs for a couple minutes, then returns
with:

�mount.nfs: mount system call failed
Is nfslock running on the client?
Anything in /var/log/messages?
Have you tried searching the net?

I mounted an NFS filesystem on my f11 workstation at the first try. It
just worked.
�just to be clear, was the f11 alpha box acting as the client or the
server? �or both?
Good question. The client, which I see doesn't fit your problem. Sorry.
The other questions still apply, though...
But for grins, I setup NFS on the same f11 workstation, (kept fully updated)...

# netstat -nlp | grep 2049
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2049                0.0.0.0:*
     LISTEN      -
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2049

  which brings me back to my original post on the topic since, when i
run the same command on my (alleged) f11 alpha NFS server, i don't see
that.  on my server, there is *nothing* listening on port 2049, even
though my invocation of "service nfs start" appears to work, and i can
see mountd and several nfsd's running.

  that's the difference right there.

Modules? This is a nahant-clone:
[root mail js id au ~]# grep nfs /proc/modules
nfsd 208641 9 - Live 0xe0754000
exportfs 7745 1 nfsd, Live 0xe06df000
lockd 65097 2 nfsd, Live 0xe070e000
nfs_acl 3777 1 nfsd, Live 0xe06dd000
sunrpc 164005 9 nfsd,lockd,nfs_acl, Live 0xe060e000
[root mail js id au ~]#

--

Cheers
John