Re: monstrous failure of "yum update" on fedora 11 alpha

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 00:43 -0600, Jerry Amundson wrote:
Yes, we've established where we are now, but we need a path to be
better off in the the future. Heck even RHEL "up2date" is able to
update itself first, *and* be certain it will work afterwards.

Actually that fails more times than it works from what I hear.

I don't know what you hear. I know that I use up2date on CentOS4, and the only problem _I_ have with it is that it can't find source packages which I take to be because CentOS repos are structured incompatibly. But for that, I'd likely add "--src" to the up2date below (or configure it in the relevant configuration file).

I use up2date because this works, and AFAIK always has:
up2date -duf

When I want to apply the updates, they're downloaded ready for me. I also use the repackage facility, though I've never had need to use it (so I don't know whether it actually works).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait