gnome locking up after user login since the mass rebuild

I haven't seen a report that I recognized as my problem and was hoping an
update would fix it, but it has been about a week now.
After logging into know and having the too bar show up, it locks up.
I can't switch windows, c-a-F? doesn't drop down to a terminal, and
clicking on the icons results in a slight color change on the border of
the window the first time and then nothing changes after that.