FWN #166 QA section done

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 02:04:59 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 3/6/09, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> Subject: FWN #166 QA section done
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Friday, March 6, 2009, 4:37 PM
> QA section for this week's FWN is up:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/QualityAssurance
>
> as always, let me know if I screwed up :)
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

Excellent!

One part that bothers me is the following:

\begin{quote}
Adam Williamson reported that the test day for the new nouveau driver[4] for NVIDIA hardware was already planned and prepared, but that he was waiting on developer replies for the planned Intel KMS[5] and automatic fonts and MIME installer[6] test days. Jóhann Guðmundsson suggested having a single big graphics test day, but Adam Williamson explained that he did not want to do that as it would be too large and unmanageable. James Laska suggested running the Piglit[7] OpenGL test suite as part of the test days for drivers with usable 3D support (radeon and intel).
\end{quote}

since the 157 kernel, I could get no X on nvidia card the Xorg.0.log reports/reported the use of the noveau driver whereas the nv driver was working fine since the Fedora 6 Test 2 days and no I can get no X.  To top it off, I could not get today's updates to the -0.207 kernel which fixes the problem :(, all I can get is the -0.203 kernel which is useless for me on both the intel based laptop and the nvidia card on the other computer.  The one that ironically works is the ATI card with the radeon driver.  It was down for two to three weeks(NO working X), but I booted into level 3 and applied the updates till I got success.  For now, it looks like it will be that way for the nvidia and intel machines.

Regards,

Antonio