64-bit Kernel Question

I have seen many mentions of the default kernel in Fedora 11 being the 64-
bit kernel for all hardware that supports it. How do I know if my hardware
supports it? I have an Intel dual core processor. Does that mean I could
install the 64-bit kernel? I am presently using the PAE kernel. An article
suggested that this is for "older" hardware. My processor is definitely not
'older'.