Re: 64-bit Kernel Question

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
James Hubbard wrote:

grep /proc/cpuinfo lm

If you have the lm flag, it means your hardware supports x86-64.

I guess I'm in luck: I have the lm flag and the Intel web site says the Core 2 Duo E6320 supports 64-bit.

virtualisation, too.

Can I rpm -ivh the kernel right now? Or is the feature not ready yet?

I've only run 64-bit kernels on my E6300. Yours is newer or otherwise superior to mine.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait