Re: When will Fedora work again?

Antonio M wrote:
2009/3/8 Deependra Singh Shekhawat <deepsa fedoraproject org>:

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Antonio M <antonio montagnani gmail com>
wrote:
2009/3/8 Deependra Singh Shekhawat <deepsa fedoraproject org>:

Intel 845 sounds very oldish chipset. Must be upgraded to support latest
distributions.

oldish chipset??? do you mean that old hardware should not be
supported by Fedora???
Yes.

and what is meant by old hardware?? two years, five years or what
else??? where can I find the definition of old computer and the
related guidelines for Fedora???
I want to know as at the moment I am running rawhide on an old PII-400
MHz with 256 Mb and a cirrus graphic card about ten years old: and I
suppose that I am not the only one around...

I can understand Fedora not performing will when running GNOME or KDE on such a system, but I would fully expect it to work, for some definitions of work.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait